The State Atomic Energy Corporation ROSATOM is the leader in the global nuclear technologies market. It brings together nuclear power and power engineering assets, as well as NPP design and construction. ROSATOM is the largest electricity generating company in Russia, producing 196.37 billion kWh of electricity in 2016 (or 18.3% of the country’s total generation of electricity). ROSATOM holds first place for the largest portfolio of foreign construction projects (34 NPPs in 12 countries). ROSATOM produces annually approximately 3,000 tons of uranium domestically, and some 5,000 tons in other countries. Raw materials of the Russian and foreign deposits (particularly in Kazakhstan) will be enough to supply both domestic and international projects of Rosatom for the next hundred years. ROSATOM with its 1/3 world market share takes the lead in global uranium enrichment services and covers 17.7% of the global nuclear fuel market. ROSATOM also manufactures equipment and produces isotopes for nuclear medicine, carries out research, and produces nuclear and non-nuclear innovative products. ROSATOM’s strategy is to develop clean energy projects, including wind energy. ROSATOM brings together over 300 enterprises and organizations, including the world's only nuclear icebreaker fleet. ROSATOM is tasked with implementing the uniform state policy on the uses of atomic energy as well as fulfilling the Russian Federation’s international obligations on the peaceful uses of atomic energy.
- No. 1 in the world in terms of the number of simultaneously implemented nuclear reactor construction projects (8 in Russia and 34 abroad)
- No. 2 globally in uranium reserves and No.4 globally in annual uranium extraction
- No. 3 globally and No. 1 in Russia in terms of nuclear power generation (about 18% of total power generated in Russia)
- 36% of the global uranium enrichment market
- 17% of the global nuclear fuel market
- the world's only nuclear icebreaker fleet
ROSATOM is a proponent of the uniform national policy and best management practices in nuclear power utilization, the nuclear weapons industry, and nuclear safety. ROSATOM is responsible for meeting Russia's international commitments regarding peaceful uses of nuclear energy and nuclear non-proliferation.